Credentials, Experience and About
Butch Cappel is the founder and executive director of K9 Pro Sports International, as well as Cappel Canine. He is licensed by the state of Texas and the state of Chihuahua, Mexico to train and procure police security dogs and dog teams. Butch Cappel is a nationally recognized expert witness for district and state courts of law concerning cases involving dog bites, civilian, and police, as well as animal cruelty charges.
High Profile Clients Include:
- International Association of Hospital Security Specialists (IAHSS)
- American Society of Industrial Security Specialists
- Special Operations for the high risk facilities such as the Commitment Center for the Criminally Insane, El Paso County
- U.S. Army construction contractor, Hunt Corp.
- Featured on national television networks in the United States and Europe for his program using trained dogs to protect victims of domestic violence
- Consulted with Federal Law Enforcement for the certification of police and private security dogs for Juarez, Mexico
- Mexico’s President Carlos Salinas de Gortari
Butch Cappel’s professional experience includes both training and supervising K9 dog teams for the security of the re-election campaign of former President George W. Bush.
As well, his credentials include training K9 teams involved in national labor disputes and strikes. He has supplied both leased guard dogs and precision trained dog teams consisting of trained handlers and dogs for some of the top corporations in the United States and Mexico, including Coca Cola bottling plant in Juarez, Mexico, and American factories in Mexico such as M.S.D., Motorola, Ford, and others.